Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What's On My Nails - Ulta3 Pacific Fever

I actually did my nails on Monday night while watching the Emmy Awards and enjoying all the fashion - am I the only one who prefers watching the red carpet arrivals to the actual awards show? How amazing were some of the dresses! I don't think there were any super-bad dresses this year, though there were a few fashion faux pas (did Paula Abdul look in a mirror prior to walking down the red carpet? I like the dress, but did no one think to tell her it was off-centre all night long?).

Anyway, on to my nails - please pardon the messiness, I don't have a nail polish clean-up pen thingy yet! And cotton buds dipped in nail polish remover just doesn't cut it..


Base Coat: Sally Hansen Double Duty Strengthening Base & Top Coat
Colour: 2 coats of Ulta3 Pacific Fever
Decoration: Cute little Glossyblossom diamante flower
Top Coat: Revitanail Top Coat

This is my first time applying my own nail art and I was surprised at how easy it was - all it took was a satay stick (a cuticle stick or toothpick would have worked too) and some extra top coat. It never occurred to me that I needed to be careful with diamantes on my nails - those little things hurt when you do normal everyday things such as scratching your nose or rubbing your eyes in the morning!

I love this look overall and have gotten a few comments from colleagues and clients about my nails which is great! I think everyone is still getting used to my nails being painted all the time now, rather than on special occassions. I wasn't overly impressed with the formula of this particular Ulta3 polish - I have used other colours in previous weeks and they were lovely and creamy. This one was slightly more gluggy and did not apply as smoothly, two coats looks a bit smeared and I would probably go with a third coat next time just to even everything out. It also began to chip today (only my second day in) but I do a lot of typing, so perhaps a third coat would have been the way to go.

The colour is gorgeous though and has a little touch of shimmer (I am still loving shimmer polishes). I wish that the colour was just that little bit lighter so it looks more like the Tiffany & Co's colour (every girl's favourite shade of blue!) which would have made the little diamante stand out more. If anyone knows of polish in a Tiffany & Co. shade - please let me know!

What's on your nails today?

No comments:

Post a Comment