Monday, September 19, 2011

MAC Haul

No trip to Myer would be complete without a bit of a look through the beauty department. There's no harm in just looking, is there?

I was so good too - I walked past all the Essie polishes (must come back for Coat Azure.. love!), all the fake lashes and eyeshadows, the myriad of lip glosses and new fragrances..

Then I remembered that I needed new foundation and I wanted to try another brand other than my normal brand (my skin has decided to go all "teenage" on me since I went off the pill 4 months ago and nothing seems to be able to control my shine issue - but I digress). And my local Myer has recently put in a MAC counter..

Umm, yeah.


From left to right - MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC35 (9ml) $32.00; MAC Pro Longwear SPF 10 Foundation in NC35 (30ml) $54.00; MAC Fluidline Eyeliner in Blacktrack (3g) $32.00

Can you believe these are my first-ever MAC purchases? I am particularly excited about the Fluidline as I have seen it being raved about on so many beauty blogs (hollyannaeree uses it in a lot of her make-up tutorials). The MUA gave me a quick guide on how to use it and gave me the most effortless and fantastic winged eye. I should have taken a photo - the challenge now is to re-create the same look myself at home :)

I really like the foundation as well - I had it applied at around 3:00pm and didn't have to re-powder for the rest of the day (I took my make-up off at 11:00pm that night!). It didn't feel cakey or streaky on my skin and it gave me a medium coverage. Could this be my new favourite foundation? I am still mourning the discontinuation of Prescriptives Mineral Foundation from 2010!

What is your favourite foundation?

No comments:

Post a Comment